mandag 27. februar 2017

I know to whom I belong

NORSK
The headline is not related to the fact that Magna and I last Saturday could celebrate and praise God for 39 years of marriage. To belong to Magna is certainly something I value highly. 

Yet for both of us there is a relationship that is even more important. It is clearly expressed in the two verses that have been in focus for several days already, and I have highlighted them in the Common English Bible version of the verses:
Every scripture is inspired by God and is useful for teaching, for showing mistakes, for correcting, and for training character, so that the person who belongs to God can be equipped to do everything that is good.
2 Tim 3:16-17
Generally speaking, all people in the world belong to God. However, just as Magna and I had to choose each other, God and I chose each other. In Jesus Christ, God has chosen all men to eternal fellowship with him. I belong to those who also have chosen him. This choice makes us one, just like Magna and I are one. I know to whom I belong and no one can snatch me out of his hand (2).

‘Manna’ for today:

It is a blessing to know to whom I belong
--------------------------------
(1) The picture was taken at our public wedding party at the corps in Vik in Sogn.
(2) John 10:28-30

Ingen kommentarer: