mandag 22. mai 2017

Bring what you have – a time for everything *

NORSK
I have 'drifted' a bit back and forth in the Biblical texts covering the period between Easter and Pentecost. There has been a plan behind it, at least some idea about where I want to go. Today, I revert to the Sea of Galilee.
When they landed, they saw a fire of burning coals there with fish on it, and some bread. Jesus said to them, “Bring some of the fish you have just caught.” John 21:9-10
I do not think it is a coincidence that the disciples saw both fish and bread on the burning coals, and I am convinced that they immediately thought of the two previous experiences where some fishes and pieces of bread were used to feed thousands of people. I guess that the amount of food already on the coals was enough for seven disciples and Jesus, and if not, I believe Jesus could have blessed it so that it became sufficient. Yet - he chose different strategy. The disciples had caught fish themselves, they had something they could contribute with to the fellowship meal. Jesus wanted to include them by using their contribution.

"Bring with what you have" is a principle in the Kingdom of God.
It means that I am included, and whatever I contribute with can be a blessing for both myself and others. The Bible is full of stories of people who brought what what they had. Through my life I have met many people who brought just what Jesus needed. It can be anything from a broken life to special talents. Perhaps I will write another book entitled 'They brought what they had' sometimes in the future? Nevertheless, I am grateful for those who brought themselves and contributed with what they had. Jesus will use whatever he receives. The disciples learned this before Jesus ascended to heaven.

‘Manna’ for today:

Thank you for allowing me to bring what I have!
-------------------------------------------------
(1) Gaute loved to bring flowers when he was small - maybe that was because mom loved everything the boy brought her? If we are created in God's image, why should God be different when his children bring him what they have?
'A time for everything' is connected with the Bible's teaching about a 'season for every activity' Eccl 3 This series is about the teaching in the time between Easter and Pentecost

Ingen kommentarer: