mandag 15. mai 2017

The important identity - a time for everything *

NORSK
Yesterday, I wrote about confident identity and confirmation. Identity is about who I am. When the identity is threatened, it is easy to get into a position of defence. The safer I am in my identity, the greater threats I can handle.

The question of identity is complex because we often have many roles. For example, I'm happy to be Norwegian, but that does not mean that it is better than having a different nationality. I'm glad to be a man, but that does not mean it's better than being a woman.

In Christ, we are 'one' (2), and the amazing thing is that this “identity of unity” does not wipe out diversity. On the contrary. Because we are united in Christ there is an acceptance of differences and diversity.

In the dialogue with the disciples before the crucifixion, Jesus was clear on his own identity and that he was confident with regard to the suffering that he soon should face. The same confidence can be mine when I have my identity in him:

“Yet I am not alone, for my Father is with me. I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”
John 16: 32b-33
‘Manna’ for today
Identity in Christ gives peace at heart
---------------------------------------
(1) One family, with Norwegian identity and a Danish citizen in the middle. Congratulations, it was a great confirmation, Adam!
(2) Gal 3:28 
'A time for everything' is connected with the Bible's teaching about a 'season for every activity' Eccl 3 This series is about the teaching in the ime between Easter and Pentecost

Ingen kommentarer: